Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Finished

It is done!!!!!!! After a marathon 2 days of cutting and sewing, it is finally finished. The backing is ready, and it is getting loaded on the machine today, I hope. I'm going to do simple Baptist fans over it, since it is a classic, old fashioned type looking quilt, and I think the fans will complement it very well. Plus, they are fast and easy, and I am ready for this thing to be done. I love the way it turned out, although I still wish I had used reds (sigh). But, I guess I'll just have to choose another pattern to use reds and creams in, because, after seeing Tea's version of this quilt, plus the pic in the book, I'm really liking that colour combination. However, I don't think I'll be doing another of these. It was fun to do, and challenging, and I liked the process of working on the same project as others, and being able to compare notes and progress. Thanks for hosting this.

3 comments:

Teaquilts said...

Yeah, Cathy! I'm doing a happy dance for you. This is a big accomplishment. I love yours in blue and think the baptist fans is an excellent idea.

Unknown said...

Wow! It is gorgeous and the fans will look wonderful, without taking away from the incredible piecing.

Livin' Blue Quilter said...

Cathy, this simply beautiful. I am still working on mine. It is a lot of work and I probably won't make another either. But the challenge has been wonderful.