Friday, July 30, 2010

NPP Fabric Selections

I have spent the last several hours going through my Kaffe Fassett stash to find fabrics for the nine patch pineapple (npp) quilt.  I initially thought I would go with blue fabrics with a cream background.  But after looking at the fabric, it is more a sapphire/purple color and I like the color combinations.  Kaffe Fassett fabric just seems to blend together regardless of the pattern.  I think I will go with a white background instead of the cream.  The contrast will be more dynamic.  I found 10 fabrics that I like.  I ordered a few more just in case, so when they come in I will post another picture.  Here is a picture of what I have picked out so far.  I can't wait to see everyone's selections.  This

1 comment:

Teaquilts said...

I like the fabrics you have chosen. I was wondering how you were going to use Fassett fabrics in this design. White background is a good choice. Maybe I'll now get up and get a photo of my fabrics. I came home from work and took a nap and have been propped up in bed every since. Thanks for motivating me to get moving.