Sunday, August 15, 2010

Finished Unit 1

Whew!  After a LOT of sewing and dedication, I just finished my Unit 1s for the project.  It took a lot of work and motivation to get through it.  I have at least 3 units where the same red fabric touches, but if any "quiltzillas" find it in my completed quilt, more power to them.

I will not be working on this quilt this week as I didn't get to work on another project I needed to start quilting last week.  So, I'm setting my sewing machine up for machine quilting tomorrow.  I still have dance classes and a quilt guild meeting this week, so I will not have much time for quilting until the weekend anyway.

Cathy and Robin, let me know how far you progressed this weekend too.

More later,


Livin' Blue Quilter said...

Wow and double wow. This looks great. You are so right about the amount of cutting and sewing that is required. It requires your full attention and dedication of large chunks of time. I did get about 20 blocks sewn together. I will post them later today or tomorrow. This is going to be a hectic week for me as well, but I will work through it. Ditto on the quiltzilla or quilt police.:0)

Quilter Kathy said...

I sure wish I could join you...the blocks look like so much fun! I am showing great self control here!!

Cathy said...

Those pineapples of yours are looking really good. I LOVE the reds, and wish I'd had enough reds to do one of my own. (sigh)