Monday, August 9, 2010

Tea's Progress on Unit 1

Sorry being late posting my progress.  My Sunday got changed when the futon used in my husband's entertainment area crashed to the floor.  I then spent time online looking for a replacement and then going to the store to decide what to buy, picking it up, and putting the darn thing together.

I finally got the cutting completed just out of sheer determination.  I also have 31 tri-recs blocks sewn and cut 4 of them to make one unit 1.  Like Cathy, I was able to get quite a few of the smaller units cut from the larger strips too.  Remember me telling you I'd made a template for the light pieces?  Well the cutting was going so slow that I decided to purchase the ruler again.  It was only $8.99 at JoAnn's and I have a 40% off coupon.  It made absolutely no sense to use the template.

2 comments:

Livin' Blue Quilter said...

Good decision on buying the tools again. Sometimes, it is just easier to give in when you can't find something that you know you have. That's why I have 2 or 3 of everything:0). Your unit 1 is looking good. I haven't cut mine up yet. I too was in Joann's yesterday looking for 1-1/2 inch ruler. Didn't find it, so I will have to use the 2-1/2 inch ruler, which I have 2 of. Happy Quilting

Cathy said...

It's looking good. I'm hoping to have sewing time before I go in for my 3-11 shift today.