Monday, August 9, 2010

Tea's Progress on Unit 1

Sorry being late posting my progress.  My Sunday got changed when the futon used in my husband's entertainment area crashed to the floor.  I then spent time online looking for a replacement and then going to the store to decide what to buy, picking it up, and putting the darn thing together.

I finally got the cutting completed just out of sheer determination.  I also have 31 tri-recs blocks sewn and cut 4 of them to make one unit 1.  Like Cathy, I was able to get quite a few of the smaller units cut from the larger strips too.  Remember me telling you I'd made a template for the light pieces?  Well the cutting was going so slow that I decided to purchase the ruler again.  It was only $8.99 at JoAnn's and I have a 40% off coupon.  It made absolutely no sense to use the template.


Livin' Blue Quilter said...

Good decision on buying the tools again. Sometimes, it is just easier to give in when you can't find something that you know you have. That's why I have 2 or 3 of everything:0). Your unit 1 is looking good. I haven't cut mine up yet. I too was in Joann's yesterday looking for 1-1/2 inch ruler. Didn't find it, so I will have to use the 2-1/2 inch ruler, which I have 2 of. Happy Quilting

Cathy said...

It's looking good. I'm hoping to have sewing time before I go in for my 3-11 shift today.